Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Kindergarten: Styrofoam Car Prints

This was a mini lesson (3 class periods) and unfortunately I don't have any student examples pictured. Above is my example. 
The Kindergarteners were having a Road trip across the USA unit in their homerooms, so I thought this would be a fun lesson to supplement. 


Fist students practiced drawing cars and made a drawing of one. Then, they traced their car onto their piece of styrofoam and cut it out. Then they painted them with a primary color. 

 They stamped it three different times (3 different colors) onto white paper.

 Once they were dry, they cut out their cars and I saved them for later in their class folders.
After we were done printing the cars, we talked about creating background by making simple patterns that could represent a place. 

They chose 3 different colored pieces of paper to make their prints this time, and traced their patterns on vertically, so they could be stamped twice onto the paper. (I had them trace onto the styrofoam in colored pencil so that they could see what they were doing). 


Final product pictured below: 

The students really enjoyed this lesson, but if I did it again, I would have had more coordination with the car and background paper colors and paint colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment