Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Pre-K / Kindergarten Monsters

I did this lesson with both Pre-K and Kindergarten. They turned out so hilarious and adorable in both cases. We started out by painting the background, where their goal was just to fill up that white space. We talked about fall colors and warm colors. 
Then, we drew the shape of our monsters (which was very open-ended) on cool colored paper. I gave them a lot of ideas for shapes of their monsters, but I didn't want to put too many constraints on it to see what they could come up with (as you can see the results were all VERY different). 
Then, we glued the mouth, teeth, and eyes (pre-cut by me) on. I told them they could have as many or as little eyes and teeth they wanted, but everyone could only have one mouth. We added the center of the eye with a black crayon, then glued in onto their background.
 I kid you not, I laughed to the point of tears the entire time I hung these up. Kids loved it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment